366 Days of Creativity Week 17 in Review: April 22nd-28th & Days 113-119
I feel like this week was about compassion. Maybe that's because my newsletter this week was about Brené Brown's guidepost on self-compassion so it was on my mind, but to me the quotes I pulled all tied into compassion:
113. Compassion for this human journey and how we get off and on track.
114. Compassion for others and the world.
115. Compassion for how we struggle and resist change.
116. Compassion for our failure to stay present and enjoy the gift of our life as it is and instead living in
the past or present.
117. Compassion for everything that has to go through an ugly phase before it can turn into the glory it
was meant to be.
118. Compassion with ourselves.
119. Compassion for the journey each of us is on and how we grow and transform.
Here are some things I have tried to have compassion for this week even as I struggle with them.
Compassion for my low energy and that I haven't been exercising or eating how I know is helpful to my
body and have been feeling and looking poorly as a result.
Compassion for my art work and how I fear it may never come together and fully exit it's ugly phase.
Compassion for making the best choices I can when there are no great options and I fear someone may
not feel good as a result.
Compassion for my wiring and that I sometimes tire myself out or overwhelm myself due to the fact that
I am interested in and doing so many different things.
Compassion for my creative vulnerable journey and that growth can be exhausting and scary and hard.
What do you need to give yourself compassion for? With whom do you need to have compassion?
As I received a blessing this week from one of my quotes I want to give you one:
May you be kind to yourself and may you give yourself the compassion that you need.
Lee Ann Hilbrich, MA, LMFT, LPC, CDWF, RYT 200
Daring Discoveries abides by the Brené Brown Education and Research Group's Belonging Statement (Click Here to View) and is committed to inclusivity, equity, diversity, and belonging.